What is Cyberstalking and How you can protect it? Avg.com/retail
Advancement of technology makes the life of the user easy and convenient. You can easily chat with your loved ones, friends and family but this gives the way to the cyberstalker to commit crimes. Cyberstalking is the serious crime by which they can steal all your personal information and use your valuable data for making money or use it for other benefit. AVG team wants its user to know about cyberstalking, so that they do not become the victim. You can install this antivirus software through avg.com/retail. This antivirus is very easy to use and properly scans the data of your device so that your gadget does not get infected with malware. It also safeguards your apparatus from malware, spyware, Trojans, rootkits, ransomware and also from phishing attack. It offers advanced threat protection for Window OS, Mac, Laptops, Computers and Android Phones. In this article, you will learn about cyberstalking and how you can protect your data from it.
What is Cyberstalking?
Cyberstalking is also known as online stalking. In this hacker, keeps the eye on the victim’s online activity and harass the victim, intimidate or frighten a person or group for fulfilling their own personal means. Cyberstalking includes monitoring someone’s online activity or physical location, threats, identity theft, and data destruction etc. They stalk you through email, instant messages, phone calls, and other means of communication modes. Cyberstalker basically targets the women or females online.
How you can Prevent Cyberstalkers?
- You should be very careful while sharing any post on social networking site like Facebook etc. You should also not share your personal information in email. Because hackers can easily steal your valuable information through this and can use your information for their own benefit.
- It is advised that you should create a different email account for registering in your social networking sites. Through this way, hackers cannot be able to take advantage of your email, if there is no privacy in online service. It will also protect you from phishing attack.
- You should not provide your personal information like birthdates etc. when you are registering online.
- It is advised that you should not use your photo in your online user profile, so that attacker cannot be able to identify your photo as well as your location.
- In your email ID you should not use your real name; instead of this you can use your nickname. And also do not use your birthdates in your email name or password.
- You should avoid sharing your password of all account, email password, bank account number or credit card number with your partner. Because if in case you breakup with your partner, he cannot misuse your account number. And in that situation you should also reset your password so that he cannot be able to guess.
- You should change the setting in your social networking site like Facebook and set the setting from public to private. So that you only share the information with the people you trust.
Read Also – How You Can Troubleshoot AVG Startup Issue?
If you want more information, then you can contact to the customer care executive of AVG anytime through www.avg.com/retail.