AVG antivirus is the well known software which safeguards your device against all kind of cyber threat. It regularly scans the data which is stored in your device to protect your device from malware and viruses. It stops the unauthorized access by hackers to your devices and also protects from emerging threats. You can install this security software through avg.com./retail. It provides user friendly interface and it is easy to use.
Sometimes the user faces the problem like runtime AVG error code 0xE001C008 when AVG antivirus fails and crashes. This error occurs without warning. In this blog, you will learn how to resolve this error code.
Steps to Resolve AVG Error Code 0xE001C008:
- Close Conflicting Program: For this, first you have to open Task Manager by just clicking on the Ctrl-Alt-Del key altogether. Through this you can see the list of programs currently running. Then you have to go to the Processes tab and then stop the programs one by one and then just click on the End Process button. Just identify which program is causing the error and then go to the next step.
- Update and Reinstall Conflicting Programs: By using Control Panel, on Windows 7, you have to click the Start Button, and then just click on Control panel. After this, Uninstall a program. For Windows 8, just click on the Start Button, and then just scroll down and click on More Settings. After this, click on Control panel and then select Uninstall a program.For Windows 10, you have to type Control Panel in the search box and then click the result. Now click Uninstall a program. Under the Programs and Features option, you have to click the problem program and then just click Update or Uninstall. If you choose update then follow the instruction which are on the screen or if you choose uninstall then you have reinstall the program.
- Update Virus Protection Program: Virus infection may be causing runtime error on your computer so you must delete it or update your virus program. Then just run a scan of the computer or, and then run Windows update so that you can get the latest updates.
- Re-Install Runtime Liabraries: For this, under the Programs and Features, just find the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Then click on Uninstall and just reboot your computer. After this, download the latest redistributable package and then just install it.
- Run Disk Clean up: You should take a back up your files to free up space on your hard drive. After this, just clear your cache and then reboot your computer. Or you can run Disk Cleanup by opening your explorer window and then just right click your main directory C: .Now Click Properties and then you have to click on Disk Cleanup.
- Reinstall Graphic Drivers: For this, open your Device Manager, and then locate the graphics driver. After this, right click the video card driver and then just click on uninstall. At the end, restart your computer.
- Internet Explorer Runtime Error: If the problem is arising because of Internet Explorer, then you should reset your browser and then disable script debugging and error notification.