AVG antivirus is the advanced security product which secures your devices from virus, and malware. This software can be easily activate and install via avg.com/retail. In this article, you will learn the available actions the user can perform in AVG Virus Vault.
What is the Purpose of AVG Virus Vault and How To Open it?
The purpose of the AVG Virus Vault is to keep the deleted file for some time, so that the user can ensure that they do not need the file any more. In case, the missing file is causing problems, then the user can send that file to analysis, or they can restore the file to its original location.
If the user wants to open AVG Virus Vault, you have to go to AVG User Interface and then click on History menu and then hit on Virus Vault. For details, tap on avg.com/retail.
Available Actions The User Can Perform in Virus Vault:
- Restore – It helps to moves the infected file to its original location.
- Restore as – This option helps to moves the infected file to a selected folder.
Keep in mind that the user can Restore or Restore as multiple items at a time. You just have to highlight the item in the list by pressing Ctrl+arrow key or Shift key after selecting the individual items with your mouse and then press the respective button. If the selected items are not restored but these items will remain highlighted in the list.
If you restore files from the Virus Vault:
If the file is an e-mail attachment then its original location is a temporary folder which will be difficult to locate on your hard disk. That is why, only the Restore as feature is there for e-mail attachments.
Registry keys will be restored back to original location.
If the file is restored under the Original name is not available, then the file will be restored under the name which is given in the Path to file column.
- Details – It gives you details about the removed infection. Remember, this option is available only for files which were removed by the Identity Protection component.
- Delete – this option will completely removes the file from the disk.
- Empty Vault – This option will removes all files from the Virus Vault. These files are totally removed from the disk but it will not move to the Recycle Bin.
- Send to analysis – This feature is there from context menu after you right-click on the file in Virus Vault. If you select this option then the file is send for analysis to the AVG virus labs.
Keep in mind that this feature is there for sending “false alarm” files, means the files which have been detected by AVG as infected or suspicious, but they are harmless.
These are the available actions which the user can perform in AVG Virus Vault. For more details about AVG Antivirus, you can go to the AVG official website via www.avg.com/retail.
Read More – Quick Way To Fix AVG Error Code 0xe001d027