AVG antivirus is the amazing security product which protects your device from all kind of malicious content. This product can install via avg.com/retail. In this blog, you will read the method to setup AVG Remote Administration in an Isolated Network.
Method to Setup AVG Remote Administration in an Isolated Network:
In case, the user is running the AVG Remote Administration in an isolated network which means the AVG Admin Server has no access to the Internet and they want to use the centralized updates, then they have to follow the below steps.
- You should download the update files manually on the server and then run a dedicated utility which will generate files and allow stations to update.
- After this, you should modify the AVG Admin Server configuration file in order to enable “offline mode”:
For this, you should open the file in some text editor (notepad). Remember, the default installation folder for the file is:
“C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG Admin\Server\avgadmsv.ini”
Then, you need to add this line at the end of the file:
Next, you should Save the file and then restart AVG Admin Server in order to load the new settings. Now, you have to start AVG Admin Server Monitor and then click on the “Stop server” button. Then, you have to Confirm stopping of the Server and then click on the “Start server” button.
2. Here at the AVG Admin Server, you should check where the updates are stored:
For this, you should right-click on the AVG Admin Server taskbar icon. Then, you have to click on “Open AVG Admin Server Monitor”. Now, you have to click on “Server Settings” and then open the “UpdateProxy” Tab. Normally, the updates are stored on c:\avgupdates
3. At this point, you should download the Genctf utility:
Now, the utility creates the control files (CTF files) from the update BIN files. After this, you should run the file and extracted the files. Now, you should copy the file genctf2013.exe in the folder where updates for AVG are saved. For help, go to www.avg.com/retail.
4. Now, you should download the off-line updates.
5. Then, you should run the genctf utility in that folder.
Here, you should use the command in the command line.
Through, this you can create two CTF files in the folder – avginfowin.ctf and avginfoavi.ctf. At this point, AVG client stations can update through the AVG Admin Server.
6. Again you have to repeat step 4 and 5 in order to provide the latest updates to the workstations.
When you download new update files to the server. Then, you have to run the utility every time when you place new files in the folder in order to generate up to date CTF files. If you will not do this, then the stations will not recognize the new update files.
Click Here Also – What are the Available Actions You Can Perform in AVG Virus Vault?
The above method helps to setup AVG Remote Administration in an Isolated Network. If the user need any help, then visit AVG site via avg.com/retail.