How to Improve Your Home Network Security during Lockdown? Avg.com/retail
In this lockdown period, due to coronavirus most of the people are doing work from home. So it is very necessary that you improve your home network security as cyber thief become more active to steal your company’s data because employees are working from home. Home network security is the protection of a network which connects devices like routers, computers, and smart phones, to the internet within a home. AVG team has given some tips to improve your home network during lockdown. You can install this antivirus software through avg.com/retail. As this antivirus gives complete security to your device against cyber threat like malware and viruses. It also detects and blocks the threat quickly to protect your device from emerging threat. It timely scans the data to fix the issues which runs in the background. In this article, you will read how you can improve the home network security.
Tips to Improve Your Home Network Security:
- Update Your Security Software: It is very necessary that you update your security software like AVG antivirus software in your device which you have installed through www.avg.com/retail. Because up to date security software helps to fight against the new malicious threats. It detects and removes various types of malware and viruses. Updates fix many critical patches in the device and give more protection to your devices.
- Create Strong Network Password: When you are creating the password for your home network, password should be unique, strong and difficult to guess. You should always keep in mind that your privacy is the first priority, so always keep different passwords for different account. Password should be of 9 characters in length, and consist of numbers, symbols and upper and lower case characters.
- Encrypt Your Connection: If you want to minimize the risk of getting hacked then you should always open your company’s data through VPN, as this encrypts your sending and receiving data. This prevents snoopers while surfing on the internet and also hackers cannot be able to trace your location.
- Remove Your Network Name: Removing your network name is the good action to fight against some unwanted intruders. If you remove your network name, nobody can access your Wi-Fi, if they don’t know the exact name of the network, , they cannot be able to connect to your network.
- Disable Remote Administration: Remote Administration allows the user to remotely change and view the connection setting. If you do not have to change the setting remotely, then you should disable this feature because with this feature anyone near to your router can change the setting.
If you want more information to improve the home network security, then you can visit to the official website of AVG through www.avg.com/retail. You can also call on their toll free number anytime.