AVG antivirus is the software which gives total protection to your internet connected device. It protects your device from internet threat like malware, spyware, Trojans, Rootkits, phishing and ransomware etc. You can install this through www.avg.com/retail. It scans the complete data of your device on a regular basis. It also controls and manages the network traffic. Hackers cannot access your device if you have AVG antivirus in your system.
But, sometimes when you install AVG internet security product in your device then Google Chrome Browser show isearch.avg.com instead of Google search. This obstructs the use of Google Search Engine in Chrome Browser.
Method to get rid of isearch.avg.com in Google Chrome:
Avg.com/retail gives method to get rid of isearch.avg.com in Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome Settings – First you have to enter chrome://settings/ in the address bar or you can also click on icon which is at top right. After this, click on Settings option. Then the Chrome settings page will open, now you should check for few options which causes isearch.avg.com to instead of Google Search.
- Startup page in Chrome – First, open Chrome Settings and then you should go to ‘On Startup’ section. After this, click on Set Pages option and then you remove the isearch.avg.com from the pop-up box. This will fix the issue, if it still persist then go to next step.
- Home button opens – First, open Chrome settings and then just go to ‘Appearance’ section. After this, click on Change button just to open a new pop-up box. Here, you remove the isearch.avg.com and then enter the www.google.com for Google Search. Then you will see the Home button, but if you do not see Home button. This means that Home button is hidden in Chrome browser on your system.
- Manage Search Engine – For this, first open Chrome settings and then just go to ‘Search’ section. After this, click on Manage Search Engines button. Then,in the pop-up box, click mouse over Google option and then just click on Make Default button. Now, it will set Google Search as search engine in Chrome and this will remove isearch.avg.com.
- Check Chrome extensions – For this, first you have to open
chrome://extensions/ in the address bar or you can click on icon which is at top right. After this, first you have to go to Tools then click on Extensions. Then, on the Chrome extensions page just look for AVG extension. If the extension is present, then click on delete button so that it removes.
- AVG toolbar – First, you have to click on Window’s Start option, then type add and remove programs. After this, just look for AVG Security Toolbar in the list. Then, you just right click on it and then you have to click on uninstall/change option. Now, you have to restart PC. This will fix the issue.