AVG antivirus is the amazing software with great features. It fully safeguards your data and device from emerging threat. It protects from spyware, Trojans, rootkits, ransomware and also from phishing attack. You can install this popular antivirus program through avg.com/retail . It offers user friendly interface and it is easy to use. It provides advanced threat protection to your Window OS, Computers, Laptops, and Android Phones. It quickly scans your gadget to improve the performance of your gadget. It immediately identifies the threat and blocks it before it harms your device. But some user faces the Avg antivirus.exe error and this error is caused by Corrupt Windows registry keys, Virus or malware infection, other program mistakenly deleted .exe-related files, if program is in conflict with AVG Internet Security System and also corrupt download or incomplete installation of AVG Antivirus.
Fix AVG Antivirus.exe Error:
- Manually Repair Widow Registry: For this, first you have to click on Start button. Then you have to type “command” in the search box and then hold CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, and just press Enter key. After this, click on Yes to give permission. Here you will see the black box with a blinking cursor. Now you have to type “regedit” and press Enter key. In the Registry Editor, you have to select the AVG antivirus.exe-related key which you want to back up. Now from the File menu, you have to choose Export. In the Save In list, you have to select the folder which you want to save the AVG backup key. Now in the File Name box, you just have to type a name for your backup file. In the Export Range box, you have to ensure that “Selected branch” is selected. After this, just click on Save. The file will save with a .reg file extension. Now you get the backup of your AVG antivirus.exe-related registry entry.
- Full Malware Scan: This error may be occurring because of malware infection in your PC. This malicious software can cause damage, corrupt, or even delete EXE-related files. To remove this malware, you have to do a complete malware scan in your device.
- Clean Your Temporary Files With Disk Cleanup: First, you have to click the Start button. Then you have to type “command” in the search box. After this, hold CTRL-Shift in your keyboard, and then press Enter key. Now you have to click on Yes option. Here the black box will open. And then you have to type “cleanmgr” and then press Enter key. Here, Disk Cleanup will begin calculating your disk space. You will see the “Temporary Files” category have occupied the most disk space. Here you have to check the boxes of the categories which you want to clean and then click on OK button.
- Use System Restore: For this, first you have to click on the Start button. Now in the search box, you have to type “System Restore” and press Enter key. In the results, you have to click System Restore. Now you have to enter your administrator passwords. After this, you have to follow the instruction in the Wizard to choose a restore point. At the end, you have to restore your computer.
- Uninstall And Reinstall AVG Antivirus: For this, first you have to open Programs and Features by just clicking on the Start option. Then you have to click on Control Panel which is on the right side of the screen. After this, you have to click on Programs option and then select Programs and Features option. Now you have to find AVG antivirus.exe-associated program which is under the Name column. Here you have to click on the AVG Antivirus associated entry. After this, you have to click on the Uninstall button. At the end, you have to follow the instruction to complete the un-installation process and then reinstall AVG again in your device.
- Install Window Updates: For this, first you have to click the Start button. Then you have to type “update” into the search box and then press Enter key. Here you will see the Windows Update dialog box will display on the screen. If updates are available, and then you have to click on the Install Updates option.
If still have any doubt, then you can call the expert anytime by going to the site of AVG via www.avg.com/retail.