AVG antivirus is the well known software which scans the data of your device to protect from malware and virus. This antivirus quickly detects and blocks the cyber threat and also gives the warning notification of threat so that malware does not install in your device. You can install this trusted software through avg.com/retail. It takes less space in your apparatus but speed up your device. It also monitors the network traffic and creates a wall between the gadget and hackers. It is easy to use but some users face the error like “AVG Antivirus Software Won’t Update”. In this blog, you will read the solution of AVG Antivirus Software Won’t Update.
Fix “AVG Antivirus Software Won’t Update”:
- Manually Update AVG: For this, first you have to open AVG antivirus via www.avg.com/retail in your browser. Then, you have to select your AVG version. After this, you have to click on update to save to HDD or USB drive. Now you have to open your AVG utility in Windows. Then click on Options which is located at the top right of the AVG window. Here you have to select Update from directory. At the end, just select the folder which has AVG updates and hit OK option.
- Delete Temporary Update Files: For this, you have to open the AVG window. And then click on Options. After this, just select Advanced settings on the menu. Now you have to click on the + to expand Update, and then you have to hit the Manage button. Here you have to select Delete temporary update files option. At the end, just click on Yes button to confirm and just you have to erase the temporary update files.
- Scan For Malware: It is possible that Malware can block AVG updates so for this, you have to press the Free Download button just to add the freeware Malwarebytes to Windows. After downloading, you can run a scan by pressing the Scan Now option.
- Turn Off Window Firewall: You have to open the Cortana search box just by pressing on the Type here to search option on the taskbar. Now you have to enter the keyword ‘Windows Defender’ in Cortana’s search box, and then you have to select open Windows Defender Firewall. Here you have to click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open the firewall setting. After this, just select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall options, and then press OK. After AVG updates, you can turn the Firewall on.
- Reinstall AVG Software: For this, you have to open the Run accessory by pressing the Win+ X altogether and then you have to select Run. Now you have to enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run to open the Control Panel. After this, just select your AVG antivirus package and then press Uninstall button. Now you have to click on Yes option to remove the software. After this, just restart Windows. You can also remove AVG utilities with AVG Remover. Now, you have to click on Download to add AVG Remover to Windows. Just you have to uninstall the anti-virus with AVG Remover, and then you have to restart Windows. From here you can download the latest AVG software. After this, reinstall AVG utility with its setup wizard. You have to reactivate non-freeware AVG anti-virus with a product key.
This method will help you to solve the issue, but if you are facing problem then you can call the expert of AVG antivirus via www.avg.com/retail.