AVG antivirus is the wonderful security software which scans the data timely to protect your device and data from all kind of cyber threat. It regularly introduces its amazing security products for your business and personal use. All the products of AVG antivirus can be installed just by going to the official website of AVG through www.avg.com/retail. Every product of AVG gives you updates on regular basis to fix the bugs and patches in your device. And also gives great features like identity theft protection, web cam protection, web shield protection, email filtering and firewall setting. Its firewall protection control and manages the network traffic and also creates a wall of defense between your device and attackers. Hence, in this blog you will learn how to configure AVG internet security firewall in your device.
Configure AVG Internet Security Firewall: Avg.com/retail
If in case, you cannot connect your client to the server with AVG enabled in your device then you must follow these steps so that all the computers in your network can configure it properly to allow connections.
- For this first you have to right click on the AVG icon, which is present in the system tray in the bottom right hand side of the screen. After this, you should select Open in the Internet Security section.
- Now, you should choose Menu which is located in the top right hand side of the screen.
- Then, you have to select Settings option.
- Here, you should select Full Protection and then choose Enhanced Firewall.
- Now, just scroll down and then you have to select System rules.
- For Allow Windows File and Printer sharing, you should switch the status to Enabled.
- Now, you have to scroll down and then tap on OK button.
- Then, you should click on Packet rules.
- You should click once on the rule for Public Icmp Echo In Block and then hit on Remove option which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Here, you should click once on the rule for Public Tcp/Udp In Block and then tap on Remove option which is at the bottom of the screen.
- At this point, you should scroll to the bottom of the window and then just select Add option.
- Now, in the Name field, you should enter SQL Server (TCP and UDP).
- Then, you have to set the Action to Allow.
- After this, just set the Protocol to TCP/UDP.
- Here, just set the Direction to In/Out.
- Then, in the Local Ports you should enter 1433,1434.
- You should press OK to save the changes. And you can close the window for AVG.
Read More – Incredible Way To Fix AVG Boot Error
Remember, these are all the exceptions of AVG Internet Security which requires to be enabled and then you should allow client connections to the server. But if you find any kind of issues then you can visit to the site of AVG antivirus through www.avg.com/retail. You can also call the expert of AVG team anytime from any device. The customer care executives are well trained and are always available to hear your queries.